in

Father and son injured in home explosion in Manatee County

Advertisement

As per the reports, firefighters were working to stop a natural gas leak in a Manatee County neighborhood late Wednesday when a nearby home exploded. A woman said her husband and her son were badly burned due to the explosion.

injured in home explosion in Manatee County

Records show the natural gas leak in the 2900 block of 9th Street West was reported around 11:30 a.m. According to the reports, the home located at 804 29th Ave. West exploded and caught fire shortly after 2 p.m.

Advertisement

The Cedar Hammock Fire Control District said Florida Power and Light shut off the power in the surrounding area due to a gas build-up in the sewer lines.

The Manatee County Sheriff’s Office asked nearby residents to evacuate or shelter in place.

Advertisement

Written by Jennica Mira

Jennica Mira is the senior reporter of Orlando Solution. She finished her Bachelor in Communication from the University of Central Florida and currently residing in Orlando. In leisure, she likes to read poetry and contemporary articles.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Man shot outside Arlington hotel, say Jacksonville police 1

Man shot outside Arlington hotel, say Jacksonville police

Marion County deputies searching for a missing Ocala man 2

Marion County deputies searching for a missing Ocala man