ORANGE COUNTY, FLORIDA- According to Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings, the eligibility age has been dropped down to 40 and anyone above 40 is considered eligible for the vaccine. The vaccination program will be held in the Orange County Convention center on Monday.
Although Gov, Ron De Santis has still not given a final decision on the previously requested eligibility age drop, Demings hopes this move will not be prevented by the Governor.
Demings said in this statement that, “At the end of the day Governor wants the best for the residents of Florida and Orange county.
Resident within the eligibility range of 40-59 is requested to visit the Florida Department of Health in Orange County website to get an appointment at 9.30 Monday.
A total of 3000 COVID-19 doses are planned to make available by the crews at the Convention Center.
Finally, Demings said that “We have done a fairly good job with our seniors, and now we have to kind of move to middle young adults.”