in

36-year-old woman died after a house fire on Avondale Road; fire remains under investigation

The windows were boarded up, resulted second complication to the fire

a house fire on Avondale Road

Rockledge Fire Department, Brevard County Fire Rescue, and Cocoa Fire Department responded to the house fire at about 6 p.m on the 800 block of Avondale Road. According to the reports of the officials, the cause of the fire appears to be electrical. They also say that as the windows were boarded up, it resulted in a second complication to the fire.

There were at least two people in the house. But sadly 36-year-old Shannon L. Burgess did not make it out, officials said. Crews responded to the home around 6 p.m. Sunday night.

However, further investigation is still going on. Stay updated.

According to the National Fire Protection Association, house fires are responsible for more than 2,600 fatalities per year. There are some important steps we can use in case of a house fire. It can prevent from escaping its consequences:

To escape a fire and its fumes, crawl to the closest exit, remembering that it may be a window. If the door is warm to the touch, there could be fire raging on the other side, so do not go through it. If you can extinguish the fire, do so thoroughly. Once you have made it away from the fire, call 911.

 

More News: 11-year-old girl’s missing alert from Tampa; last seen on Sept. 12

Written by Charles Stillwater

Mr. Charles has worked with BBC for several years before joining as cheif editor for Orlando Solution. He is a father of two beautiful daughter and currently living in the beautiful city Orlando. He likes to play basketball in his free time.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

11-year-old girl's missing alert from Tampa; last seen on Sept. 12 1

11-year-old girl’s missing alert from Tampa; last seen on Sept. 12

A 25-year-old surfer attacked by shark in Melbourne Beach 2

A 25-year-old surfer attacked by shark in Melbourne Beach