Nathaniel T. Peoples, 22, from Deltona is the suspect behind the slashing of a 15-year-old in Orange City, according to the Orange City Police Department.
Nathaniel was taken into custody and transported to jail on no bond. He has been charged with Aggravated Battery.
“He said he felt like he was hit. Person came around him. He was taller than him. And so he just grabbed his face and he ran here and it obviously turned out he had been cut,” said the teen’s father, Michael Benson.
The suspect made his first appearance Wednesday afternoon. “I ask your honor to not give this man a bond,” said the victim’s mother in tears. She said her son had never met the man who attacked him. “My son is a 15-year-old boy who is introverted, kind-hearted, and would not bother a soul,” she added. “If this slash had been one inch lower, my son would have bled out on the sidewalk…with nobody.”
The judge set a bond of $50,000 for the aggravated battery charge.
More News: Missing Alert: 50-year-old Florida mom from Belle Isle, last seen on Sept. 25
One CommentLeave a Reply
I am the mother of 3 boys. 1 of which is an autism child. I have had a massive heart attack and triple bypass in 2013. I’m still trying to recover. In 2015 I got diagnosed with stage4 breast cancer. Had to have chemo and a double mastectomy. It’s hard. The boys are still trying to adjust to mom being not well. They never ask about Disney. I really dont think that they know what it is. There dad works at mc Donald’s and does not make enough money for any vacation fun. The Bill’s are piling up still. I dont think they will ever get to a zero balance. We have no insurance so everything we need or buy is cash. To be able to take our 3 boys to Disney would be a dream come true for them as well as dad and I. I pray that you find some way for us to all go free of charge as you are offering. A sincere and desperate mom, Jennifer of Daytona Beach Fla.