Notepad++ is the most popular text editor for Windows. With its customizable GUI, syntax highlighting and syntax folding, multi-document and multi-view, and macro reading and background features, it makes it one of the most versatile text editors for Windows. Notepad ++ is so popular that it has an extremely enthusiastic fan base that refuses to use anything other than Notepad ++. This means that Notepad ++ is not available for macOS. So, if you are switching from Windows to macOS, what would you use instead? Well, there are tons of text editors on Mac and they are better than Notepad ++. So, if you are looking for one, here are the top 10 options for Notepad ++ that you can use on macOS.
So here I have gathered a list of 10 Best Alternatives To Notepad++ For Mac Users. Without further discussions let’s move into the article.
- Atom is an open-origin pc software that will be free to utilize.
- Friendly and contemporary.
Brackets will launch a chrome screen, which will immediately reflect any changes to the code’s CSS and HTML. It’s an easy way to make your rule visible. This is one of the best alternatives of Notepad++ for mac users.
- Brackets is an excellent text-editor that is certainly no-cost.
- It is an open-source process.
- Allows you to immediately get shade, typeface, gradient, and measurement ideas from the Adobe data file.
TextMate has all the features that are common to program editors, such as program-editing searches, folding code sections, clipboard history, and column editing mode. It also supports macros to help users get rid of duplication and has an extensive plugin library to further expand its functionality. TextMate is starting to show its age and is gradually chasing competitors in terms of advanced features, but it is extremely fast-loading and using due to its light footprint. This is one of the best alternatives of Notepad++ for mac users.
- Ability to Search and Replace in a Project
- Auto-Indent for Common Actions Like Pasting Text
- Auto-Pairing of Brackets and Other Characters
Coda is all you need to manually encode a website in one beautiful application. Syntax highlighting, indentation guides, code folding, fast commenting, and code-switching for most programming languages. Some features are really great and are hard to find in other text editors. For example, when you write, ‘coda pops’ gives you easy control to quickly create colors and grades. Find and Replace has a ‘Wildcard’ token that converts RegEx into a button. This is one of the best alternatives of Notepad++ for mac users.
- Supports the Touch Bar on MacBook Pro models.
- Allows you to instantly switch between pixel-perfect preview and editor, open web inspector, jump to a line, and insert hex color using a color picker on the bar.
Bluefish is a hybrid-platform publisher that is capable of processing large amounts of data simultaneously. Tool developers are certainly far from making this change. This signal editor tool provides many code-writers and web designers with choices for publishing web pages, programs, and development rules. This is one of the best alternatives of Notepad++ for mac users.
- Limitless undo/redo efficiency.
- Auto-data recovery.
- Stacks a vast selection of data within minutes.
Light Table is an IDE and a text editor tool for pc software development. The tool provides ideas. This certainly enables instant activation, debugging and access to paperwork. This is one of the best alternatives of Notepad++ for mac users.
- Inline Analysis.
- Useful plug-in and modifying supervisor
- Light Table is just lightweight, tidy, and software; this is undoubtedly streamlined.
- Customizable, configurable, beautiful themes.
- OS integration.
- Blazing fast find / replace and find in files / replace in files.
Sublime Text is a feature-rich text and development editor with a Python application programming interface. Multiple cursors, vintage mode, and dashboard make this tool stand out from other code editors. This is one of the best alternatives of Notepad++ for mac users.
- Allows you to instantly jump to words, lines, or symbols, with only a few keystrokes.
- Supports numerous markup and programming languages.
- Error checking and lining.
- Customizable key bindings.
- Support for dark mode.
Related = 10 Best Mac Cleaner Software In 2021.